Project name: Bottom-up Online Zelfhulp voor Ouders met een achterstand – OZO
Project duration: March 1, 2017 – September 30, 2018
Project applicant: Ezzev Foundation; project partners: Parents’ Association at the Experimental Primary Schools of Maraslion (PAEPSM), Parents’ Association of the 1st Model Experimental Junior High School of Athens – Athens, Greece
Within the rich existing Dutch supply of services providing help to underprivileged parents, an online self-help environment is lacking offering an interdisciplinary approach, rather than a one-specialism approach, and choosing a bottom-up approach in which the already available parent resources are taken as the sstarting point
Aims of the project are:
- Implementing an online environment for underprivileged parents;
- Stimulating underprivileged parents to enrich the self-help environment with their own resources;
- Empowering underprivileged parents by means of a learning module on how to start, have and end a dialogue – with other adults and with their children;
- Empowering underprivileged parents by means of a learning module on how to present oneself on video;
- Empowering underprivileged parents by means of a learning module on how to present oneself on online.
The project will be implemented by seven Ezzev Foundation staff members, each with their own relevant specialisms: starting up and maintaining online environments for adult education, starting up, and maintaining online communities, the interdisciplinary creation of learning modules on how to start, have and end a dialogue and how to present oneself on video and online. The staff members are supported by members of the Ezzev network.
Instrumental in the project are Greek parent associations with long-standing experience in underprivileged parents’ engagement.
The result of the project will be an evaluated pilot in the Netherlands of a bottom-up self-help environment for underprivileged parents, starting with their available resources, in which interdisciplinary learning modules are provided. The project effect that is hoped for is that Dutch and potentially also EU-help organizations and organizations that support underprivileged parents will approach the initiative positively and are willing to move in the direction of the pilot’s starting points and implementation.